What is 2C-B-FLY? .2C-B-FLY is a member of the 2C-X family of psychedelics. Members of this class include psychedelics such as 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-I, and more. The majority of the 2C-X compounds were invented in the 70s, 80s, and 90s by Alexander Shulgin, who spent decades synthesizing and testing analogs of existing psychedelic molecules.
While Shulgin did synthesize and test 2C-B-FLY, he wasn’t the first person to discover it. That acknowledgment goes to a researcher at the University of Wisconsin La Crosse by the name of Aaron P. Monte back in 1996.
2C-B-FLY contains a 2C-B molecule at its core with two dihydrofuran rings attached to the central benzene ring. FLY compounds are aptly named for the insect-like appearance of their chemical structure.
You can also find dihydrodifuranated (FLY) analogs of 2C-C (2C-C-FLY), 2C-I (2C-I-FLY), 2C-D (2C-D-FLY), DOB-FLY (bromo-dragonFLY), TFM-FLY, and many others. However, none of these other FLY compounds are as popular in the research chemical space as 2C-B-FLY.
2C-B-FLY: Specs & Technical Details
|Active Ingredient||2-(8-bromo-2,3,6,7-tetrahydrofuro[2,3-f] benzofuran-4-yl)ethanamine|
|Level of Risk||Low to Moderate|
|Most Common Side-Effects||Increased Body Temperature|
|Duration of Effects||6–8 Hours|
Guidelines for the Responsible Use of 2C-B-FLY
- 🐍 I understand why psychedelics should be treated with respect
- ⚖️ I’m familiar with the laws surrounding psychedelics in my country & state
- 🍄 I’m familiar and confident in the dose I’m taking (dose range for 2C-B-FLY is 10–25 mg)
- 🧪 I’ve tested a sample of the substance I’m using with a drug testing kit
- 💊 I’m not mixing any medications or other substances with 2C-B-FLY
- 🏔 I’m in a safe & comfortable environment with people I trust
- 🐺 One of the members of my group is responsible and sober (AKA a trip sitter)
- 📆 I have nothing important scheduled for after the trip
- 🧠 I’m in a sound & healthy state of mind
- 🌶 I’m aware of the increased risk of heatstroke & dehydration with this compound
- 📚 I’m familiar with the four pillars of responsible psychedelic use — set, setting, sitter, & substance.
- ⏳ Know the timeline — the effects of 2C-B-FLY can last between 6 and 8 hours
- 🙅♀️ Know when to avoid stimulants — don’t take 2C-B-FLY if you have underlying heart, neurological, or psychiatric disorders
What’s The Dose of 2C-B-FLY?
2C-B-FLY shares similar dosages to other members of the 2Cx family. The threshold is reported around 5 mg, and the standard psychoactive dose is between 10 and 25 mg.
There are some user reports of people taking much larger doses — closer to 40 mg — but this is only recommended if you have a lot of experience with this psychedelic. The main problem encountered when taking too much 2C-B-FLY is overheating and dehydration.
The effects of 2C-B-FLY are dose-dependent — which means the experience is going to be very different if you take a low dose compared to a high dose.
Lower doses (around the 10 mg range) are euphoric, empathogenic, and mildly stimulating. Not as stimulating as 2C-B, but enough that users feel a noticeable boost in energy.
In high doses, the experience becomes much more psychedelic. Users experience changes in the perception of vision and sound, mild to moderate introspection, and an expanded sense of empathy and euphoria. While many agree this compound is milder than 2C-B, LSD, and psilocybin in terms of the hallucinogenic potential, it’s still a formidable psychedelic in higher doses. Don’t underestimate this compound.
Dosage Breakdown for 2C-B-FLY
- Microdose — 1 – 2 mg
- Threshold Dose — 5 mg
- Light Dose — 10 mg
- Standard Psychoactive Dose — 25 mg
- Heavy Dose — >25 mg
What Does 2C-B-FLY Feel Like?
There’s a lot of subjective differences in how the effects of 2C-B-FLY feel. A lot of this comes from the fact that its effects can change depending on the dose you’re using.
The overall sentiment for this compound is that it’s one of the most enjoyable of the research psychedelics. Ann Shulgin — wife of Alexander Shulgin and co-author of the books TiHKAL and PiHKAL — once stated that 2C-B-FLY was one of her favorite psychedelics.
This is a woman that’s personally tried and tested hundreds of psychedelic compounds over several decades.
The 2C-B-FLY experience overlaps with 2C-B, mescaline, and MDMA but is distinct within itself.